Not long ago I did some blog hopping...clicking on this link, clinking on that link which led me to a super cute blog called Confessions of a Graphic Design Student. I was instantly drawn to the blogger, Kristen, and commented on one of her posts she'd done about a website project. And she emailed me a response to my comment. I love that! We kind of hit it off. We both have what Kristen calls "obsessive-hair-disorder" and a love of design. I'm sponsoring over at her blog this month, and I'm excited to share her thoughts with you here on celebrating the everyday. Welcome Kristen!!
Good morning fans of Shady Lane! Shaina has graciously asked me to take over her blog today to talk about my thoughts on "Celebrating the Every Day."
When I first thought about this, I had trouble coming up with ways I do this... to be quite honest, it's a struggle for me. I tend to get caught up in the past or the future and sometimes fail to seize the day.
Life can be so rushed at times trying to get everything done in those short 24 hours, and I have times where the anxiety gets so high I don't know what to do with myself. Time goes by so fast, and it's those times I have to force myself to slow down, take a step back, and focus on that specific moment.
- I'll sit outside for a long time and feel the sun on my skin.
- I'll call each one of my family members just to let them know I'm thinking about them.
- I'll get lost in a trance staring at the birds flying together in the sky.
- I'll find myself inspired by the endless colors- the greens in the grass, the blues in the sky, the pastels in the flowers.
- I'll set aside an hour and get outside to play and laugh with my dogs.
- I'll take every opportunity to eat something delicious- life is too short to worry about dieting!
- I'll get dressed up just to express myself and feel pretty, knowing I won't be young forever.
- I'll laugh! I seek out the humor in life to remind myself not to take things to seriously.
- I'll find myself in long embraces with my husband- just feeling how lucky I am to have love in my life.
After I do this I always feel better. It's essential for me to reflect on these things to remind myself what life is all about. When you think about it, your life is just a combination of multiple days- and how you spend them determines your destiny.
Life is too short- get outside your mind and just enjoy being you and your life at this moment!
Find Kristen on the web