For the last 2 years I've picked a One Little Word with the goal of letting it guide and mold my year. For 2012 I was drawn to the word FLOURISH. I've been sitting with it for 4 1/2 months now. Last year I got a ring made with my word BEGIN on it, but once I picked my word for 2012 I knew I wanted a way to collect my words together through the years. So I looked on Etsy and found the perfect necklace. This etsy shop offers custom necklaces with words and/or names hand-stamped on little tags. I got both my words and a pretty purple charm. And I've been wearing it every day since I got it. It is a little reminder of all the ways my words have presented themselves in my life.
Ali Edwards has a class over at Big Picture Classes focused on One Little Word and I took it last year. So this year I'm going back through and creating with each of the prompts again. I haven't started the physical book yet, but each month I've worked through the thoughts Ali shared and looked at my life in terms of how my word is present. I thought I'd share one page that I created with images that reminiscent of my word: FLOURISH.
- The primrose my mamma planted for me when she came to visit. It flourished for its season.
- My krill oil and CoQ10 pills that I'm taking to help with my cholesterol. Part of the program to get my health flourishing again.
- Notification of medical insurance coverage. A very important step towards getting a better understanding of my health problems and flourishing within that space.
- Walking almost every day with my sports tracker keeping track of my miles.
- A touching sunset.
- My nephew Emerson, whose smiles bring me so much joy.
- A sweet card from my husband. Our relationship is flourishing.
- My morning journal. I have been writing every morning in hopes of finding the writer within me again. Its been a good exercise.
- My new running shoes. These Nike's have a flourish of their own and wearing them helps me stick to my goal to stay active.
I have noticed many ways FLOURISH has touched my life. But now I want to actively pursue it. To find even more of a connection. I'll share more of my journey with my One Little Word through the year.
Did you pick a OLW for the year?
How have you seen it present itself in your life?
What does the word "Flourish" bring to your mind?