Saturday, October 25, 2014
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
I am so excited to share some of my favorite images from Maddie & Brandon’s wedding that I was asked to assist Bre with. It was such a gorgeous day for photos, and I had a chance to be a bit more creative in my angles and poses since I was the second shooter. I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.
I love photographing people in love.
Wednesday, October 08, 2014
Saturday was one of those days you wish for as a creative. One where you feel like your feet are standing exactly where they're supposed to be, and you smile because you love it.
I can't stop smiling. I feel at home here, behind my camera...helping others feel just as at home in front of it. I'm passionate about capturing real moments and real emotions.
I was invited to second shoot at a wedding super last minute, and I instantly jumped at the opportunity. The main photographer was Bre Millard of Bre Rachelle Photography. She’s a local friend of mine and when she moved to California earlier this year, we stayed in touch following each other on Instagram. And then on Friday I went to get coffee, and there she was, moved back to town. We started talking about getting together to shoot sometime and she stopped and asked “What are you doing tomorrow? Want to come second shoot a wedding with me?” And, unbelievably, I was free and able to go.
And it was like coming home… getting back behind my camera again. And not being the main photographer allowed me to be more creative in my angles and posing ideas. Bre and I worked really well together, and I hope to shoot with her again in the future. I have some gorgeous captures from the wedding day to share soon, but for now, here are some behind-the-scenes pictures Bre took of me during the day.
I ended the day on such a high. A creative, inspired, exhilarated high. And I can’t wait to do it again!
Saturday was one of those days. I’m never going to forget it.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
I had the honor of standing next to my dear friend Kaelah as she married her husband, Brandon 5 years ago this month. It was a beautiful summer-in-September day and their ceremony in the park was perfect. One of my favorite memories. And now, 5 years have gone by and these dear friends of mine celebrated their anniversary.
Part of the celebration was a photo shoot with me! Our plans for the day and the shoot location didn’t quite turn out, so we ended up pulling over on the side of the road and spending 7 minutes taking some shots. I think these images capture their relationship perfectly… They laugh hard and love harder.
Here are some of my favorites from our 7 minute photo shoot.
I am so proud of these two and the adventures they’re on right now, serving God in a foreign country. They are such a good example of trusting in Jehovah and relying on each other. I love reading Kaelah’s emails with all their stories and pictures. Glad to know them and call them friends.
Monday, August 18, 2014
Today I turn 28 years old. For some reason this one is a hard one for me. I am in my “late 20’s” now and it feels strange to say that. Is there more that I should have accomplished by now? Am I doing an okay job at being an “adult”? These are the things I’ve been thinking about as this day got closer and closer.
But I found the answer in creating this list… my list of 27 things I learned at 27. I’ve done this every year since I was 17. That’s a decade of lessons learned and chronicled. You can see a few of my other lists here.
I’m glad again for the chance to stop and look back on the past year and pull all the truths out of the trials. To see that I did grow and learn and change and become a better person and step into being the adult version of myself, even though it feels strange.
So here is my list for this year…
- My favorite part of driving a bright yellow VW Bug is everyone else who sees it and smiles (or gives their friend a “slug-bug”).
- I am blessed to be part of a fabulous team of talented people at NICA and to have the chance to learn from them as we tackle projects and work together.
- I am still a poet and an artist.
- Clothes that fit right can make you feel how you’ve always wanted to feel, and CAbi does that so well.
- Sometimes the answer is to put a little purple in your hair.
- Sharing my home with my in-laws has been the biggest test I’ve ever faced, but it taught me endurance and patience and kindness.
- You should never binge eat Red Vines. Or Cool Ranch Doritos for that matter…
- Mobile offices are the best kind of offices.
- Life as a Platinum Blonde is as good as I hoped it would be.
- Brush scripting is a skill I learned that I will continue to use and develop because it brings me joy.
- Cabbage steaks are too delicious to describe. You’ll just have to try them for yourself.
- I love stovetop popcorn with lots of butter and salt!
- My husband expresses his love for me by supporting my dreams and realized that to keep growing I need new equipment. I love my new camera so much!
- The #bestjobever includes driving home with the top down after a satisfying day of work.
- A house full of music is my favorite kind of house.
- Boats make the best hotels.
- Death is a harsh reality of life.
- I love taking pictures of couples in love; especially those celebrating anniversaries.
- #transformationtuesday posts are so helpful to keep our weightloss journey in perspective and encourage us to keep going.
- Home is where Chris is.
- Glad to be an official “iPhone-ographer” with the purchase of my very first iPhone this year…it has become my main camera for capturing everyday life.
- Finding a tribe of like-minded people can be inspiring and motivational.
- The best thing is to do the kind thing.